Notes On E-Wear Strategy Meeting 6th Jan 00 in David's Office MVB
Present: Ray Crispin, Erik Geelhoed, David May, Cliff Randell, Bill Sharpe.
Apologies: Phil Stenton, Henk Muller.
Appliance Studio (ASL)
- Completed I-Phase - report produced including E-Wear, Project X and Project Y; (copies
to be distributed)
- V-E Phase commenced with IDEO assisting with marketing campaign.
- Viability of augmented reality project (Project Z?!) being researched;
- onHand PC being assessed;
- New public web-site launched.
- User Studies project being formulated.
Bristol University to continue with sensor fusion work, augmented reality and
ASL to pursue e-wear project.
ALL (HP/UoB/ASL) need to re-establish links with reorganised HP, and to 'formalise'
relationship between the parties particularly to identify any IP issues.
- David to make contact at a senior level with HP, to promote e-wear as
well as an open-ended departmental agenda. Potential presentations in Bristol and/or Palo
Alto - ASL offered to attend/assist.
- ASL to focus on relationship of e-wear to e-services and to explore
potential role with HP.
- ASL to seek partners to provide environment, telecoms and business support e.g. meeting
to be arranged with City Netgates (thanks Erik) to explore ideas Action: Bill
- UoB to support joint exploration of e-wear - contact by Bill & Ray
with Henk & Cliff on a regular basis. David to keep
- IP principles to be discussed at next meeting - David & Ray to
Next meeting: Friday 4th February 2000 in David's office.
This page last updated June 27, 2002
The material displayed is
provided 'as is'. Contents may not be reused without prior permission.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.