Notes On E-Wear Strategy Meeting 4th Feb 00 in David's Office MVB
Present: Ray Crispin, Erik Geelhoed, David May, Cliff Randell, Bill Sharpe.
Apologies: Henk Muller.
Appliance Studio (ASL)
- Need for local hardware development room identified. Action: David.
- ASL have met with HP to scope potential user study based on retail/home/mobile
- Good publicity gained from HTV news broadcast on 19th January - compilation tape to be
made. Action: Cliff;
- Progress with onHand PC, iButtons and augmented reality to be taken forward at technical
meeting 15th Feb, 1000hrs in 3.35 MVB;
- Potential student projects to be proposed by ASL & HP.
- Martin Merry now HP Departmental Manager with Wearables brief.
- Erik assisting with co-ordination of HUC 2000 in Bristol 27/28/29 Sept. Seeking ideas
for conference (here's one!).
- Digital City Bristol planning meeting being organised. Opportunity for ASL to meet with
City Netgates et al. Potential for UoB to provide map and weather station applications.
- User Studies project being formulated (see ASL).
Forthcoming Conferences (for info)
Workshop on Software Engineering for
Wearable and Pervasive Computing Limerick 4th-11th June
HUC 2000 Bristol 27th-29th
ISWC 2000 Boston? October
3rd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing
Systems and Communications Montrerey 7th-8th December
- One Day Conference on Wearable Computing and Augmented Reality Loughborough 18th April
Next meeting: Friday 3rd March 2000 in David's office.
This page last updated June 27, 2002
The material displayed is
provided 'as is'. Contents may not be reused without prior permission.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.