May 28th 1997
Present: David, Henk, Jim, Phil, Paul.
Main item was discussion of the hardware and operating systems
for the CyberJacket. Candidates discussed included:
- Windows CE running on the Philips Velo WinCE device.
- Windows CE running on the Philips TwoChipPIC device.
- Windows 95 running on the Epson card PC plus motherboard.
- LINUX running on the Epson card PC plus motherboard.
- QNX running on the Epson card PC plus motherboard.
- Hardware from SGS Thompson.
- Java based solutions.
This was an exploratory discussion, we number more information
- What are the development tools like for the TwoChipPIC?
- Does the PCI board have sufficient ports etc?
- Is a hard disk going to be practicable for teh
cyberjacket - or will the head always be stalled? If not
is solid-state fast enough?
- Does LINUX have drivers for GSM modems and flash cards?
- Jim and Henk to set up web server.
- Everyone to generate four student project proposals for
the summer period.
- Jim to find out about funding arrangements for the
- Phil to give some more thought to input devices and
displays for the CyberJacket.
- Henk to investigate the feasibility of LINUX for the
- David to pursue SGS to provide possible CyberJacket
- Phil to get more information from Philips re the
This page last updated June 27, 2002
The material displayed is
provided 'as is'. Contents may not be reused without prior permission.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.