Project Meeting: 22nd January 1999
At: 10:30am, HPLabs Europa
Present: Phil Stenton, Jim Bedford-Roberts, Phil Neaves, Roger Taylor,
Marianne Hickey, Russell Perry, Eric Geelhoed, Mike McTernan, Cliff Randell
Apologies: Henk Muller
Jim is departing for pastures green (London!). His project management
role will be shared by Phil S. and Cliff; Marianne and Phil N. will continue to provide
consultancy support; and Eric is welcomed to the BWCI team initially as our 'webmaster'.
- We have latest version of the speech engine. Working with variable results for Jim, Mike
and Cliff. [rt/jbr]
- 'One pass' trainer for quick and simple demos completed. [jbr]
- CyberJacket rewired; power connectors replaced; and circuit boards remounted on acrylic
bases. Robustness and reliability noticably improved. [cnr]
- FrontPage98, Visual C++ & Windows CE SDK installed on Prawn. [jbr]
- CyberJacket guide web pages created with links to manufacturers/suppliers. [cnr]
- GPS giving consistent results (see CyberJacket guide). Differential GPS giving variable
results in line with coverage map. Accurate fixes obtained at Cabot Tower, Suspension
Bridge/Observatory, Zoo/Downs and HPLabs front door. [cnr]
- Notes recorded and rendered with dGPS fixes at Cabot Tower and HPLabs.[jbr, mm, cnr]
- Bench version of FootBridge demonstrated in simplex mode at HPLabs. [pin]
- Henk has found and removed two bad blocks from flash memory. [hm]
- Debugging continues apace. [mm]
- FootBridge prototype to be delivered to Uni for testing and integration with CyberJacket
and Nino [pin - 29/1].
- Contact to be made with UoB EE Dept for assistance with FootBridge development [cnr -
- Speech engine:- grammar to be reviewed [mh, mm, cnr - 29/1]; diagnostics agreed and
implemented [rt, mm, cnr - 29/1]; and sign off [rt, mh, rp, mm, cnr - 28/2].
- Pinger prototype to be implemented, based on FootBridge - Phil to design, and Cliff to
build [pin, cnr - 28/2].
- ~20 Pingers to be fabricated [pin+others - 7/3].
- Demo of Speech Engine, Pingers and half duplex FootBridge [all - 1/5].
This page last updated June 27, 2002
The material displayed is
provided 'as is'. Contents may not be reused without prior permission.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.