Progress Meeting: 3rd August 1999
At: 10.30 pm 3.35 MVB
Present: Henk Muller, Mike McTernan, Michael Measures, Matthew
Baldwin, Cliff Randell
- Mike McT. - debugged the Pinger Driver and Parin; completed the Tourist Jacket
installation on the 20MB flash card - now stand alone apart from login; carried on testing
LEM - upgraded MBROLA; and helped Matt setting up PCMCIA slots on Tempest (thanks to
Richard as well).
- Michael M slow progress due to reconfiguring of machines - has brought in own PC to
assist with shortage of decent development machines (Henk will check insurance cover with
Ann); got hold of BIM transceivers and related reports from E.E. Dept (thanks to Eric
- Matthew has installed a new hard disc on Tempest along with RedHat 5.2 (after a brief
flirtation with Red Hat 6!) and a Web Server ; debugged the Cron Event Module; and done
some research on the Mall prior to a potential demo there.
- Cliff has built a second pinger receiver and is now having some success with the
IP-Pinger; has started research into transceivers; and tested the new GPS aerial (+6db).
Our target remains to complete the Shopping Jacket well ahead of the potential 22nd
September Press Day.
We need to integrate speech, test GPS, mock up a Mall Web site, implement some form of
Footbridge, replace the 'phones and put the Recogniser on Tempest.
The Event Manager needs further development to introduce synchronous running and the
dynamic linking (and loading) of applications; and use of pthreads.
- Mike McT and Matt to further develop the Event Manager (see above).
- Matt to mock up Mall web site.
- Mike M. to carry on with Shopping Jacket application.
- Cliff to complete IP pinger (and build more in due course); get/test transceivers.
- Anyone with a spare hand:
- test speech recognition with LEM;
- install Database on Tempest;
- install and test Recogniser on Tempest.
Next Meeting : 10.30 a.m. 10th August Rm 3.35 MVB
This page last updated June 27, 2002
The material displayed is
provided 'as is'. Contents may not be reused without prior permission.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.