Notes On Wearable Computing Strategy Review 21st Sep99 in Rm 3.30 MVB
Present: Ray Crispin, Erik Geelhoed, David May, Henk Muller, Cliff Randell,
Bill Sharpe, Phil Stenton.
- Interface card for colour sequential mapping for eyeglasses (ST)
- Form-factor proto platform
- PicoSoft (event manager)
Research issues, problems, themes
- Body space & personal area communications (interference)
- Body sensors
- Speech as interface (not natural)
- Multiple Point of View cameras (3D modelling)
- Event driven, sensor driven communication (PicoSoft technology)
Find out about. follow up
- GPS enhancements - Philip Mattos ST [Dave]
- Candidates for low-end self identification [All]
- Small compass component [Cliff]
- Embedded speech [Phil]
- Who leads?
- Need roadmap related to power
- BAe interface group [Erik]
- Choice of eyeglasses [Phil/Erik]
- Agilent SVGA microdisplay
- Colour sequential interface map
- Wink possibilities [Erik/Cliff]
- Peripheral vision uses [Bill]
- Processor proto in form factor [all]
- Orion board [Dave]
- Wink board [Phil]
- Commercial partners?
- Mark Smith
- PDAs: Jornada, Handspring
- GRPS/UMTS IP air interface [Ray/Bill]
- Body space communications [Phil = Media Lab]
- Footbridge and others [Philips - Bill/Ray]
- Bluetooth (phone-headset)
- Battery packaging for flat format
- [Phil - identify battery company contact to Ray/Bill for follow up]
- Embedded OS directions [Henk]
- Picosoft research directions
- Body Sensors [Cliff]
- Multiple PoV cameras [Cliff]
- Wearability/RCA [Bill]
- E-services/commerce story/architecture [Phil/Bill]
Follow up at next meeting on 1st November 9.30-12.00.
Cliff to notify venue - 3.35 MVB.
This page last updated June 27, 2002
The material displayed is
provided 'as is'. Contents may not be reused without prior permission.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.