[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
For details of the LocoMedia System click here. In the meantime here is a slightly
out of date block diagram (update!!)
Here are a big list of all the (sub) tasks that I could think
Next thing is to make this list even a little bit
- Install mobile speech recognition engine on CyberJacket
- Understand interface to engine
- Check for successful compilation on Linux
- Glue engine to some audio input mechanism
- Add fixed command set training facility
- Add command grammar interpreter
- Build LocoMedia Manager Java applet
- Decide how to split between wearble, server and
- Complete Functionality and UI Design. jbr
- Write location name registry
- Locations may be based on different sensor types.
Eg GPS and pingers
- Add support for logical locations that map onto
multiple physical locations.
- Write domain name registry
- Design and imlpement solution to allow domain
names to be shared between different CyberJacket
- Support domain matching based on super and sub
relationships between domains.
- Write LocoMedia object registry
- Write location matcher
- Write space manager application. To handle out of memory
- Design high level FootBridge protocol
- Build Footbridge Manager to handle discovery of
peripheral devices and to initiate correct action
- Install web server on CyberJacket
- Install TCP/IP on CyberJacket - done?
- Find IrDA MAC/driver and install on CyberJacket
- Acquire IrDA device - PC card product?
- Build SitCompServer (Java, C++, Corba, RMI, null place
- Make Palm PC software adjustments suitable for wireless
- Acquire two PalmPC devices. jbr
- Configure so that internet explorer uses IrDA IO.
- Develop WinCE "discovery mini-app" so
that web browser is activated as CyberJacket
web-server comes into range. jbr?
- Rework PalmPC IrDA to accept FootBridge input
- Build FootBridge transceivers! pin
- Build wireless headset - or buy! pin with tf
- Assemble bracelet or build FootBridge into CyberJacket
- Buy needle and thread!
- Wire FoorBridge back into wearable via serial
- Build second CyberJacket
- Examine how second bench set up varies from main
- Acquire new parts as needed
- Assemble and test
- Buy bigger PC flash cards
- Decide how much memory we reasonably need. jbr
- Build Information Post
- Acquire desktop IrDA devices connecting to PC
- Remove LED and replace with FootBridge as for
- Design application using high level FootBridge
protocol to attempt to transfer pre-programmed
LocoMedia objects onto CyberJacket.
- Build application, debug and test!
- Perform solar cell experiments. tf with pin
- Add pingers
- Design transmitter/receiver arrangement and wire
into FootBridge manager
- Build CyberJacket-side pinger
- Arrange for fabrication of pinger badges for
other places and people.
- Write Pinger context driver
- Write GPS context driver
- Acquire and install differential GPS solution. hm
- Add real data in preparation for testing
- Construct Pseudo-Official Tourist Guide LocoMedia
notes to be downloaded from InfoPost.
- Train system with location names. Add logical
- Train system with domain names. Add super- and
sub- realtionships between registered domains
- Test for robustness
- Test for correct functionality
- Prepare for demonstration
That's enough for now. Jim
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: January 14, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.