[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
LocoMedia Top Tasks
Split into three categories, [foo] indicates who owns the task!
Minimal system for the end of the Summer Period
- We can train the system to recognise spoken commands.
- We can issue a speech command to record a note on the jacket while outdoors. When we
return to that location, the note is automatically played.
- We can pick up notes via FootBridge from a desktop server.
- We can pick up a handheld display and immediately it comes to life.
- We can publish and subscribe to specific domains representing topics of interest. This
effects which notes are played to specific users.
- We have sufficient demonstration that new fourth year students can understand LocoMedia
and develop new applications on top of it.
- Basic audio play and record and speech recognition systems are working [am]
- Training software is working [am]
- We have hardwrired a few domain names into the training software for demonstration
- Note server running on the jacket and on a desktop server. [ehb]
- Policy Server (aka policy manger) up and running on the jacket. [ehb?]
- FootBridge manager running on jacket, WinCE display and desktop server. [mcm]
- FootBridge hardware working with serial link. [pin]
- FootBridge Communication stack working with FootBridge hardware. [jsl]
- Rendering is working on the nino [jsl]
- Render Manager is working with audio and nino for output. [am]
Ideal system for the end of the Summer Period
- A small app announces the name of the place that you are at as you move around.
- We can trigger notes according to indoor locations marked by Pingers.
- External locations are detactable within two minutes of first going outside.
- Speech recognition is working well!
- We can manage the contents of the note server using a small desk-console-based
application. Mmm what is necessary here?
- A small app allows users to browse the domain manager and select domains for speech
training [ehb am]
- We can demonstrate the TGPS system working with a small app that uses map data and text
to speech to give the name of our current location. [mcm]
- We have mains powered pinger transmitters. [twf]
- We have a pinger receiver [pin]
- Pinger signal are integrated into LocoMedia and the TGPS driver. [mcm]
- We can upload and download user profiles onto the CyberJacket. [?]
- Users can manage the contents of the Note Server with some console-based application.
- Time To First Fix is less than two minutes! [mcm] - we can dream!
- Speech recognition is working up to the best potential of the speech engine. We have
overcome interference! [am]
This is unlikely to happen until after the end of the Summer Period
- We have a second CyberJacket working.
- We can demonstrate note exchange when two Cyberjacket wearers shake hands.
- We can demonstrate moving from one infopost to another and map data being updated.
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: January 14, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.