[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
Project Meeting November 4th, 1997
10 am in David's office
Present: david, jim, phil, paul, henk and briefly, adam
Henk has bribed Alex to install the "Where is the CyberJacket?" web page and
finally link it to this web, but still needs to buy the PCMCIA card for the PC.
Jim has contacted Peter Flach (Alex's supervisor) and received a project description
for Alex's project.
The team discussed accomodation options now that the chemistry building is becoming
increasingly uninhabitable. There is a 180 square metre space for hire in the smart
Merchant Venturers building. this could house some 15 people and may be suitable for all
the HP-related work going on at the University. David to look into this one. Cost is
£30,000 pa - but this could be sorted many ways eg by using ERP overhead funds.
Jim has supplied Bristol Uni with two more Epson motherboards.
Phil has met Adam Staniaszek and suggested that he work on gesture recognition,
starting from the pen sensor built at HPLB.
David has talked to Joe McGeehan (head of Bristol EE) and has been put in touch with
Andy Nix as a possible radio expert. Dave Milford is also a possible contact in the EE
There has been a small response to the RA posting in the web group. David to arrange
for the advert to be posted in the 'Times hire' in order to get more applicants.
- David to pursue accomodation options now that the Chemistry building is becoming
increasingly uninhabitable. This includes some short term solution for equipment and for
Alex and James.
- Paul to move equipment or sort some form of backup option for the computing equipment.
- Phil to write a couple of pages project guidelines for Adam and deliver sensor data
- Henk to Email CyberJacket photo to Jim for inclusion on the web.
- Jim to get up to date on James' project.
- Phil to pursue Hitachi display solution using only 5V power requirements.
- David to arrange for EE staff to sit in on the BWCI team meetings. Maybe just initially
as project supervisors or visitors.
- Henk to buy a new PCMCIA card for the PC in the lab and then get Alex going on
installing the "Where is the CyberJacket?" web page and finally link it to this
- Jim to pursue getting four PCs as part of the ERP funding.
- Henk to arrange for wearable team email address to be moved to the 'Bristol server' and
- Paul to chase up the CyberJacket documentation and report back to the team on what there
is. [carried over]
- David to contact Peter Saraga at Philips about their possible BWCI involvement. [carried
- Jim to try to develop the BWCI strategy further by preparing a short document for
appraisal by the BWCI team. [carried over]
- Phil and Jim to consider putting out a flyer to university career departments
advertising the RA post. [carried over]
- David to remember the name of the Physics guy at Bristol who is working on displays.
- David to continue working with Hugh Aldridge to resolve confidentiality and
non-disclosure issues. [carried over]
[Next meeting | Previous meeting
| Meetings | Back to top]
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: February 08, 2000.
©Copyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.