[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
Project Meeting December 9th, 1997
10 am in David's office
Present: Paul, Henk, Phil, Jim
Errr.. not the best! Two pieces of bad news. First, Paul is moving South and is leaving
Bristol University. He will be replaced by Nathan Sitwell (previously on SGS Thomson's
'Chameleon' project) . Second, our front-runner RA candidate Ian Grimstead has accepted a
job offer and so is no longer in the running. Nonetheless we are soldiering on! An RA
advert has been placed in last Friday's Times Higher (later than we were hoping due to
administrative error). We can no longer reasonably hope to conduct interviews before 1998.
Henk will filter any early responses and keep an eye out for hot-shots.
Jim has initiated the order for the new PC. This cannot be executed until the ERP
contract is signed (should be soon), also delayed until after HPLB moves to building III
for administrative reasons. So ETA is probably mid-late Jan 98.
Phil suggested that we should set up a wearable newsgroupon the usenet. Paul thought
this would be a good task for the RA.
- Henk to monitor RA advert responses and arrange early interviews for any particularly
- Paul to move equipment or sort some form of backup option for the computing equipment.
[still awaiting Rob's return]
- Phil to pursue Hitachi display solution using only 5V power requirements. [pending
display conference this week]
- Phil to get in touch with Via (Digital Strong Arm?!) What is all this hardware bunkum?!
Aerials coming out of their bottoms if you ask me.
- Jim to buy a new PCMCIA card reader for programme out of the ERP funds. After this Alex
to get going on installing the "Where is the CyberJacket?" web page and finally
link it to this web.
- Henk to arrange for wearable team email address to be moved to the 'Bristol server' and
updated. [still awaiting Rob's return]
- Team to read and comment on the team strategy document.
[carried over pending arrival of new RA]
- David to contact Peter Saraga at Philips about their possible BWCI involvement. [carried
- David to arrange for EE staff to sit in on the BWCI team meetings. Maybe just initially
as project supervisors or visitors. [carried over - getting hold of Joe is hard!]
- David to pursue accomodation options now that the Chemistry building is becoming
increasingly uninhabitable. This includes some short term solution for equipment and for
Alex and James.
- David to continue working with Hugh Aldridge to resolve confidentiality and
non-disclosure issues. [carried over]
[Next meeting | Previous meeting
| Meetings | Back to top]
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: January 14, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.