[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
Project Meeting: 1st March 1999
At: 2.30pm Rh 3.35 MVB
Present: Phil Neaves, Marianne Hickey, Eric Geelhoed, Henk Muller,
Mike McTernan, Cliff Randell
Apologies: Roger Tucker
- Simplex version delivered to UoB - data successfully being transferred between Tempest
ports. Randomiser and packet size still to be experimented with once link to Nino
- Duplex PCB designed with delivery expected mid-March.PiN
- Tx/Rx Coil needs to be mounted close to PCB - PiN to obtain price/availability of
- Option of using Class Exempt R.F. Modules to be explored - PiN to provide
recommendations e.g Radiometrix.
- PICs suggested for interface - need to explore port options - parallel/USB/multiplex
- Version 1.3 installed and working well in the lab.
- Continuing problems with external use - PTT (press to talk) switch to be experimented
with, as well as throat mic. Improved conventional unidirectional mic to be sought - EG to
- M.H. to provide info on other's experiences inc. info on jabra
- Viability of using existing sound card for duplex operation to be explored - HM.
- Desirable to transfer server to University - a plug-in is required for FrontPage to
enable use with an Apache server (eliminates need for extra hardware at MVB). EG/HM to
- Alternative option is to transfer existing files/directory structure but weeding
required first - possible summer student work. New pages can still be generated using
FrontPage and transferred to University site.
- In the meantime EG to continue managing site.
- Alternative source of differential GPS signals found - 300kHz beacon with improved
- Order to be placed - CR/HM.
- Options being considered for processor - StrongARM recommended as xx86s power hungry.
- PiN/HM to research options (later - possibility of using Psion 5?)
- Poster/Paper to be prepared for ISWC based on
shopping ideas as demonstration application for connectivity - May also be suitable for
Symposium of Handheld & Ubiquitous Computing at Karlsruhe - http://www.teco.edu/huc/). PiN/HM/CR.
- Possible link with UbiCom at Delft University working in similar field concentrating on
vision applications (and lamposts!) EG.
- Demo to be offered to Digital City Bristol via EG.
- Potential link with Orange - carrying out U(niversal)M(obile)T(elephony)S(ervice) trials
in Bristol. HM to consult D.May.
- Locomedia - debugging continues. Documentation requires updating - CR/MM.
- Shopping Jacket - interactive shopping using Pingers, GSM 'phone, and FootBridge for
display/smart card transactions.
- Direction Finder - MSc project.
- Affective Computing - MSc project - EG has/will provide contacts.
- Early April to discuss demo for 1st May
[Next meeting | Previous meeting
| Meetings | Back to top]
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: January 14, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.