[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
Progress Meeting: 27th July 1999
At: 10.30 pm 3.35 MVB
Present: Henk Muller, Mike McTernan, Michael Measures, Matthew
Baldwin, Paul Wood, Cliff Randell
The Computer Aided Shopping paper has NOT been accepted for ISWC '99, BUT
Combining Positional Information with Visual Data HAS!
- Mike McT. has been busy:-
- Documented the EventManAPI.h
- Installed thttpd on Eagle
- Added extra (generic) functionality to HashTable
- Dynamic loading of .so files on request.
- Converted PS notes to HTML
- Added libm.so.6 to LEM (for maths)
- Put chat and pppd onto LEM
- Found LEM kernel doesn't support PPP
- Attempted to recompile LEM kernel to add PPP and Sound!
- Got sound support a few times, but removed as it wasn't consitently working with make
- Failed :( Couldn't get PCMCIA to mount as Read/Write at boot
- Matt changed lilo to make it work!!! :)
- Added 'parin' to /usr/modules on LEM
- parin seg faults when accessing LPT1...
- Worked with Matt to make 'parin' with new kernel version
- Installed PRCS on Tao
- Added data retrieval support into EventMan API, Event Man, Ping & GPS Driver
- Put libs onto LEM for freephone & mbrola o Freephone now works, mbrola fails
- Added dep, clean, debug and release make file dependencies dynamically linked the Event
Manager and written a generic Event API. Inverse support for the GPS Driver has been
provided, and a Pinger Event Driver module completed.
- Michael M has been making good progress with the Shopping Application; has streamlined
the proxy server and introduced cgi scripts to the web pages on the Nino to improve
interactivity. Has a minor debugging problem with the cgi scripts. Is ready to incorporate
- Matthew has carried on with LEM (see above) and has recompiled the 2.03.06 kernel with
PPP. The Cron Event Module is complete and satisfactorily ordering events (apart from one
- Paul is working on a bare bones application which he hopes to have up and running next
week.he is also looking at our EventMan code and considering the possibility of live
replay of images whose attributes match the current context. will be working with Matt to
construct an Event Module for the compass.
- Cliff has built the compass MkII, an IP-Pinger (transmitting an IP address) but is not
having much success in decoding the address. Taken delivery of an 80MB PCMCIA flash card,
pinger tx's, and a GPS aerial - and sent the Radio Beacon receiver back to TDC for repair.
Has also been experimenting with the Sony Glasstron - high definition so good for reading
data, but not so good for games or augmented reality.
- We agreed that we should rebuild Tempest with LEM but only once we were sure that all
our software will run on it. A new hard disk is to be bought to enable the desired
configuration to be installed and tested. Action: Cliff.
- The mobile 'phones are now dead. Alternative 'phones are now needed urgently. Action:
- Footbridge options to be explored. Action: Michael M.
- Incorporation of Recogniser into eventManager to be considered (first get them working
together) Action: Michael M.
Next Meeting : 10.30 a.m. 3rd August Rm 3.35 MVB
[Next meeting | Previous meeting
| Meetings | Back to top]
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: February 08, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.