[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
Progress Meeting: 10th August 1999
At: 10.30 pm 3.35 MVB
Present: Mike McTernan, Michael Measures, Cliff Randell
- Mike McT :
- installed DNS on LEM card; introduced new sub-domain to overcome I-Browser deficiency
and improve caching;
- written 'daylight' version of EventMan featuring dynamic loading of applications;
- tested new version of EventMan using Tourist Aplication. Several field trials carried
out with varying degrees of success - debugging continues.
- debugged GPS module.
- Michael M :
- Finished off Shopping Jacket using old EventMan;
- Started on speech API;
- Got GSM and MBROLA to compile using LEM;
- Started speech applications directory - first app is Trainer.
- Worked on CGI problems on Web Server.
- Matthew : on leave this week - but here's his report...
- found out how to set up cvs & set up cvs server on tempest
- got local cvs working & got remote access working & got login working properly
- created list of most useful CVS functions - wrote "CVS HOWTO" knote.
- Fixed mikes bug with -export-dynamic
- added EM_WantedData to EventMan
- wrote CompassMod.c, modified ReadCompass.c, wrote CompassTest.c
- got CompassMod, CompassTest, CompassDriver to work
- Cliff :
- optimised IP-Pinger and written up;
- more GPS testing - new board(1998) has faster TTFF than old board (no surprise!)
- Mike McT - carry on testing and degugging Tourist App with new EventMan (check GPS
data). Also to consult with Henk about web server limitations.
- Mike M. to develop Recogniser Module (speech commands as Events); carry on with Shopping
Jacket application - make it work using Daylight; and develop Proxy server to enable MIMSL
(Multiple Item Matching on Shopping List).
- debug the Compass Driver.
- design the Mall website
- work on the event manager caching so that if multiple apps request data at the same
time, then instead of all going to get it from the modules, one will be serviced and the
others will receive the same data.
- adapt the Cron App to support the new plug'n'play EventMan.
- Cliff to pull together 'Positional Data on Visuals' paper; build more pingers; test
transceivers when they arrive.
Next Meeting : 10.30 a.m. 17th August Rm 3.35 MVB
[Next meeting | Previous meeting
| Meetings | Back to top]
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: February 08, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.