[ Home | Plans | Meetings | Members | Search | Papers | Links | CyberWear | LocoSoft]
A page of ideas, some essential and some wacky.
- Automatic initiation of speech recognition retraining e.g. if speech engine fails to
recognise a command more than x times, the user is prompted to retrain either during
current session or at start of next session.
- GPS Driver needs to be made compatible with FootBridge software.
- Duplex sound card needed (or two).
- Adopt an off-the-shelf database for the Notes e.g. RedHat
or IBM, to replace
the NoteServer and . . .
- Use commercial security devices e.g. remote alarm controls, to provide 'Pinger'
function. Interface via a PIC.
- Develop a specification for the next wearable - the BlazerJet. First thoughts -
StrongARM processor or CardPresso586, Li+ batteries, streamlined GPS (without backup
batteries, use TDC board to power dGPS) or should we look at ready built options e.g. the IBM Wearable, Itsy, or Xybernaut?
- Use a PIC to multiplex various context sensors/input devices into a single serial port.
- Contact retail outlets to explore trial installations of Pingers to develop Shopping
Jacket application - and for publicity - the Mall? use Tesco contacts?
- Incorporate audio level commands into speech recogniser - and feedback from the jacket
if commands are too loud/soft.
- Radiometrix pingers into a parallel
- Rationalise PrintAndSay and AUText2Speech
- Limit size of notes to keep within RAM available (AUGetUtterance)
The material displayed is
provided 'as is' and is subject to use restrictions.
For problems or questions regarding this web
contact Cliff Randell.
Last updated: February 03, 2000.
ęCopyright Hewlett-Packard 1997-2000.